I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award and I must say I’m both surprised and extremely honored. Surprised because this has only been my 8th month of blogging; I wasn’t aware that people actually enjoyed my work to the point that they’d nominate me for something. Honored because the wonderful blogger who nominated me could’ve chosen anyone, but she chose me and I guess now I’m even more so inspired to continue blogging.
Thank you so much queenDOMsized for the nomination! Her blog is a must-read and I think you all should check her out!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Answer the 5 questions from the person who nominated you.
7. Nominate other bloggers.
8. Notify the nominees that you have nominated them for the award.
9. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
10. Share a link to your best post.
The master mind behind the conception of the Mystery Blogger Award is none other than Okoto Enigma. You can check out her blog as well as give her a follow here.
Three Facts About Me
1. I. Am. Obsessed. With. Dyeing. My. Hair. Since I transitioned from relaxed to natural, I have been on the journey to dye my hair every month or 2 and so far it has literally been the most exciting (and most expensive) “venture” I’ve undertaken in life. My most favorite color so far has got to be, hands-down, green. I was totally afraid to dye it that color because of the whole myth that dark skinned women shouldn’t dye their hair bright colors. But I did it anyway and the response was outstanding. So be on the look out for another bizarre color.
2. I’m a HUGE hopeless romantic. Huger than my cleavage huge. Roses, forehead kisses, standing out my window playing my favorite song on a portable radio while confessing your undying love for me… I’m HERE FOR ALL OF IT. During my impressionable age, I read a lot of YA romance (shout out to Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen) so that’s probably why. Now that I’m 20, I’ve realized that this is the real world and I probably can’t get those overly sweet stuff (but I can still dream).
3. I am very hard of seeing and hearing (literally). Since I was a little girl, I realized that my eyesight and my hearing were both pure rubbish. In primary school, I was known as the “Squinter” (because I had to squint to see) and well, everyone has given up on me with regards to the whole not hearing thing lmao.
Questions That Dominique Asked me
1. What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
I’m not a Disney fan. Cue the pitchforks and fire stick thingies.
2. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Hm. If I had a superpower, it would be to eat whatever I want and not gain weight because I mean, that’s like everyone’s dream amirite?
3. What is something you wish you knew before that you know now?
People are not going to have the same heart as you. You’re going to be out here doing the most for people; showing them unconditional love and support, giving them ALL your time and effort and sometimes people aren’t going to reciprocate those same feelings. As soon as you feel as though you’re in a one-sided relationship or friendship, it’s time to evaluate and see if it’s worth your time and mental health.
4. What helps you get into a peaceful headspace?
An invigorating cold shower, a hot cup of green tea (sweetened to perfection), a dark room, some music and memes. That’s literally it. Oh, and probably a snack. Green tea is sooooo much better with a snack.
5. What song best describes who you?
It’s a tie between Dear Life by Beck and Worst Luck by 6lack.
Since joining the blogging community, these three have been the sweetest and most encouraging set of people I’ve ever met, and we live in completely different countries! How crazy is that?! My nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award are:
Questions For My Nominees
1. What is your biggest fear?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What are your pet peeves in women/men?
4. What is your most favorite food and your least favorite?
5. Do you have any pets? Describe them. (And also send pics because pets are cute).
Thank you for the nomination Dominique!
Check out my “best” blog post here: You Are Not Running Out of Time.